The professional spray tan application is the fastest (typically 15-20 minute treatment) and most convenient and safe way to get glowing golden skin.
The therapist will arrive with all the necessary equipment needed to perform the spray tan at your chosen location. This will include sticky feet, which are feet shaped pads which stick to the sole of the foot to prevent any tan from seeping onto the sole. Hair nets to protect your locks from any discoloration, disposable underwear, a spray tan gun and pop-up tent. After the consultation whereby the therapist will assess your requirements and any contraindications that could prevent the treatment. The therapist will then ask you to step inside the tent onto a towel and they will use a barrier cream or spray to gently moisturise the areas of skin that are more prone to rougher and drier areas, such as the feet, knees, elbows and hands.
The tan is applied to your skin as a mist via a spray gun. It is generally believed that the professional spray tan application provides the most even tanning results because the atomised tanning liquid is applied to the skin perfectly uniform.
Before a spray tan - Carry out a full body exfoliation, particularly on your feet & ankles, knees, elbows and hands (Non- oil based products are recommended).
- Do not use any other self-tanning products 1 week before the treatment.
-Wax or shave at least 24 hours prior to the treatment.
- On the day of your tan, do not wear any make-up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents in the spray tan solution.
- Wear loose, dark clothing, sandals or flip flops.
During - The whole treatment should last between 15 to 20 minutes. Immediately after your spray tan it is recommended you allow a few minutes for the tan to absorb before dressing.
After - Immediately after your spray tan:
- wear loose, dark clothing.
- Keep skin completely dry, avoid water contact.
- Allow tan to develop for at least 6 to 8 hours (overnight if possible) (This will vary between brands and whether the tan is express which is the 60 minute tan)
- Avoid other beauty/hair treatments whilst tan is developing.
- Avoid activities that make you perspire.
- Drink hot beverages through a straw as contact with a hot cup can strip colour from around your mouth. Toothpaste can also strip colour while your tan develops.
After your tan has developed - Rinse off remaining colour guide with warm/hot water. Once the water runs clear gently wash your self with mild soap.
- Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHA'S) as they can strip colour.
- Avoid swimming pools as chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.
- To prolong your tan use oil free moisturiser to help lock in the colour as well as hydrate the skin.
- Your spray tan can last between 3 to 7 days and sometimes longer.
- Your spray tan offers no protection against the sun's natural UV rays, you do need to use your usual SPF sun creams.